If you are missing a tooth or teeth from your smile, you need a tooth replacement option to refill your smile. Maybe you are dealing with some damaged teeth that are going to be extracted. Whether you have already lost your natural teeth or you are about to, dental implants are the solution you need to get your smile back to where it should be – in health, appearance, and function. Visit us at any one of our four locations in St. Charles, Sleepy Hollow, Elgin & South Elgin, IL.
Implants are a great service and technically, this is one of the most advanced services in dentistry, and we have taken this very skilled training in this, and we are well adapted to do these intricate procedures. Implants are an option for a patient who has lost their teeth, unfortunately. This is a great option we give them, a natural, unobtrusive way of fixing their teeth. This is a patient that has lost their teeth because of decay or because of periodontal reasons. An implant is a great, great option which can bring them back to functionality. They can eat, now they can bite on an apple. I have patients who’ve said, “I was not eating anything and now I can eat on steak because I have an implant in there, and before that, I was so afraid and I was not able to chew my favorite foods.” I have a patient who has told me this. I was so excited to hear that and now, they can enjoy it, the food which they never did before, and they can smile again.
Replace missing teeth with dental implants
Many people think that dental implants are replacement teeth, but this is incorrect. In fact, dental implants are replacement tooth roots. They take the place of the hidden part of your natural tooth and provide all the benefits that your natural tooth root did. You will have a type of dental restoration (single or multiple) placed on top of your dental implants to provide you with the visible part that does the work of chewing your food, speaking, and looking fabulous while you smile.
Dental Implant Options
Unlike many other dental offices around, our four locations in St. Charles, Sleepy Hollow, Elgin and South Elgin, IL provides several options when it comes to dental implants. Here is what we have available for our patients at Brar Dentistry.
- Single Tooth Replacement – The most common of the dental implant options is the single tooth restoration. This is a single dental implant with a solid dental crown placed on top. The crown will look and function just like your real tooth.
- All-on-4® – By strategically placing four dental implants in your mouth, we can secure a full-arch dental restoration on top. This will give you the benefits of dental implants and replace your whole smile without the need for an individual implant for each tooth.
The last six months, I've lost my taste. I believe it's due to the denture. I'm having four implants put in, and they're going to make a denture without the roof. What I'm going to do is I'm going to be able to clamp it in, no more of the adhesive stuff and all that. I won't be embarrassed anymore. Sometimes I'm out, I sneeze, and my dentures come out. I'm very embarrassed about that. I could be riding my bicycle or something and I go to drink water, and the water bottle that I have loosens them up. Then I have to add the adhesive on there and put them back in my mouth.
I think I'm going to be very happy, very comfortable with the work he's doing. So far, I'm very happy. They're so pleasant. Dr. Brar is just, very informative. I've been to other practices years ago, and very expensive. Here, I'm happy with the price he gave me on my four implants. Oh, I would highly recommend it to them. I already told my wife to switch over to Dr. Brar. We went to this dentist in St. Charles since we lived out here. I told her, and I told my daughter, that they're excellent and very reasonable. They're very professional, and I'm very, very, very pleased.
- All-on-6 – Much like the All-on-4 option, All-on-6 uses six dental implants instead of four. Your dentist (Dr. Brar or Dr. Bram) will help you determine whether the four or six implant option is better for you and your smile.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Implant-supported dentures refers to the placement of a few dental implants to help hold your denture in place. A bar is attached to the dental implants that are placed, and your denture will clip onto that bar. This way, your denture stays right where it is supposed to stay while in your smile.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – Like implant-supported dentures, this option uses dental implants to keep your dentures secure. Instead of a bar, however, these implants have ball attachments placed on them. Your denture will have matching female receptacles built into the base. Your denture will attach to the balls to hold the denture securely in place while you eat, speak, and smile.
We also have same-day smile capabilities. This means that you can have new teeth placed the same day you get your new dental implants! Dr. Brar and Dr. Bram will go over your situation and help you find the solution that works for you and your smile.
Make the right choice for your smile, and choose dental implants from Brar Dentistry. We can do the entire implant process for you from start to finish without you ever having to see a specialist. Call any one of our four locations in St. Charles, Sleepy Hollow, Elgin & South Elgin, IL offices today at 630-948-5583 to schedule your appointment. You can use our online form to schedule your appointment as well.