Dental Sealants For Child From Your Dentists in South Elgin & Sleepy Hollow
A great way to protect teeth from cavities and decay, at Brar Dentistry in South Elgin and Sleepy Hollow, we know that once dental sealants are applied to the chewing surfaces of the molars and premolars, they provide an effect barrier that prevents food and plaque from damaging these cavity-prone teeth.
Who can have dental sealants and how long do they last?
Sealants are an excellent preventive measure for both children and adults. In fact, the American Dental Association recommends that all children get dental sealants as soon as their adult molars come in as this protective material is most effective when applied to teeth that have not yet developed cavities.
Once placed, sealants can last for many years with diligent daily oral hygiene care, but they will need to eventually be replaced. You can rest assured that after they've been applied to your teeth, our team will closely monitor your sealants during regular dental visits to ensure they're still in good shape.
What are some of the main benefits of dental sealants?
- Protection from cavities: Dental sealants act as a barrier, protecting teeth from the bacteria and acids that cause cavities.
- They're easy to apply: Sealants are applied quickly, easily, and painlessly by your dentist.
- They provide a long-lasting effect: Once applied, sealants can last for several years with proper care.
- They're safe: Sealants are made from materials that are safe for teeth and gums.
If you're looking for a way to keep your family's smiles strong, call us today and we'll help determine if dental sealants are right for you.
Contact Us About Dental Sealants Today
- Prevent cavities with this durable protective material
- Experience a quick & easy application
- Avoid complex dental problems in the short and long term by sealing teeth
- Benefit from long-lasting protection
- Prioritize your oral health!